|












Psalm 51 (Aramaic to English)


Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy kindness:
Rakhemli                     Alaha // aakh             taibutakh


According to the abundance of thy mercies, blot out my transgressions.
Uakh sogha drakhmaikh                               eti khathai


Wash me thorughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Asga     atshigani // meen euli //            umen khathai dakani


For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Mehtol // dsakhlaute yakha ana //         wa khtahay luqbaley yinon


Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done what is evil in thy sight:
Lakh              balkhodaikh      khteith  // ubiishatha



So that You are justified when You speak, And blameless when You judge.
qdamaikh eichidth


Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Mehtol // dtezddaq //                            bmelthakh utizke bdinaikh


Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being,
Mehtol //      dabaula


And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom.
Ethbatneth wabakhtahe btentani emin


Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy kindness:
Rakhemli                     Alaha // aakh taibutakh



According to the abundance of thy mercies, blot out my transgressions.

Uakh sogha drakhmaikh                                eti khathai